Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bear With Me...

I wanted to apologize for the lack of posts, as I've had a lot on my plate lately.  First...




It's Thanksgiving time here in the USA, so a good deal of my waking life has been taken up with cooking, cleaning, and family obligations.  Not to say this is bad, because all these things (well, maybe not cleaning) are very enjoyable...but they don't always leave a lot of time for stock analysis.


Second, the dividend pig has been going through some growing pains.  This blog is only about 3 months old, and I'm still trying to find it's...well...I guess it's personality...

I've been working hard to create a stock analysis post that is attractive, clear, concise, and contains all the important information.  This is a lot harder than it sounds!  And since my job does not require competence in excel, and I haven't made a presentation since college, it's a slow, re-learning process. 

As you may have seen, I changed up my analysis posts format recently, to a much shorter, more condensed table style.  I'm not sure how I feel about it...I think I prefer the older, more in depth analysis...I would love some feedback on this. 

In addition to tweaking my analysis, I have also been working on getting the dividend pig onto a hosted wordpress blog.  I want the dividend pig to be attractive and informative, and I'll have more creative control this way.

I registered my domain, and set up an account with bluehost.com, but have had a little trouble getting everything off the ground.  I'll just keep chugging along, and hopefully one day soon the dividend pig will have a new home!

I thank everyone who takes the time to read my posts, and hope that you enjoy them.  I also truly thank the great div-net bloggers who taught me a lot, and continue to help out, especially dividendmonk and buylikebuffett, who have linked to my posts and really increased traffic. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

- barry

No comments:

Post a Comment